Thursday, January 19, 2023

Perspectives


" I sort of was caught sleeping and lost out on a march..." in my last community email I had intended to talk about gigantic images used as signature lines in places; ok, sure, mine actually was a bit large -so I went and re-visited it and modelled something similar to what I had had already.

I actually wasn't really going to anything but the generals and the ribbon, on a transparency layer - but I ran across a painting that I had downloaded, and remembered from some books when I was a kid - the scene was a massive parade - I guess it was volunteers marching off to war - and -well, I kind of liked it enough to give it a go and see how it worked.

Now, of course, maybe someone might ask where Irvin McDowell is at?  Technically, he was never a commander of anything called the Army of the Potomac, so I just stuck with their actual commanders. And with regards to that, I liked detailed lithographs the later 19th Century ... so that's what I ended up with; with that, that is my extended excuse for posting an image, seeing as I sort of want to keep some images with the posts ... and ... well, mission accomplished.

Ok - now to relate a bit of a style issue; it is more about my own outlook (and probably more to do with an overall approach to graphics, outside of just the American Civil War, in scope, but it also certainly includes the American Civil War period.

And noting how online resources can work - and to avoid genealogical sites passing along what can be wrong information - like when using just any old image as a stand in) - personally I won't be doing that.
 
Not that I have any plans to actually do soon -but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment