Saturday, December 17, 2022

Switching Focus:

I've had the opportunity to explore some of the offerings; particularly the what if offerings that ship with titles (in CWB series at a minimum), and I can honestly say that I imagine most players will have some sort of opinion one way or another. I, certainly, do.

Ok set that aside for a second, but what it means is that I think maybe the most productive place for me to be is I think this is a good time to shift over to thinking more about design rather than exploring what might be. And I imagine that might sound a little odd coming from someone with a relatively higher level set of admin duties in what is primarily a PBEM club. 

Anyways, I don't know that there is all that much to be gained from examining some individual designers' techniques and opinions but rather diving in to the engine. 

Effectively what this means is a lot of reading time - and picking out a place to start.


To be broken down into 4 general regions as follows:

  • East (for example area of operations of the Army of the Potomac/Army of Northern Virginia).
  • West (roughly the area west of Appalachia, as well as Georgia, and areas of the interior, to the Mississippi River).
  • Trans-Mississippi (which isn't necessarily simply the west bank of the Mississippi River, but more rather the interiors of those States).
  • Coastal (this is essentially areas involved in actions supporting the blockade).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment