... and also on visibility with a gradient of background colours, that encapsulates the next challenge on this mapping project.
I took a break from it today, apart from brainstorming some looks, so nothing done with the woods/orchards where roads/trails go through those hexes.
I have some interesting options that look usable, in some material I had for mods in the Panzer Campaigns; particularly for smaller orchards. I haven't tried it yet, but am keen to give it a look.
I have 3 different types of 'human habitation' hexes; translation - chateaux (basically smaller fortified areas (such as a keep) - the point being it is a version of a hardened target. Then there are village/town hexes, then one off buildings.
I look at buildings (especially in the earlier periods covered) as more of an affectation to the map (and not really anything of any actual, proven, defensive value). And what I mean by that, is mainly I just don't think there are sources that these actually ever existed, let alone having any impact on anything. For anyone familiar with the film, "Office Space", essentially it's "Flair". Nice to have, but basically just for show.
Might give some of this a go tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment