I want to remove the texture from my land hexes, so I will need to do some (old Adobe Fireworks terminology) magic wand and eyedropper work (then probably build a vertical spectrum chart.
I do have some shallow/deep water hex work done (in draft form).
On my list for tomorrow, are some pretty straight-forward material: get the Mains, Roads, & Paths put in all of the titles' folders... done.
Convert over:
- Woods
- Orchards
- Boulders/Rough
- Swamps
- Fields (less in a hex shape, and showing some empty space -probably in rows: and the reason you do this on a top down map is in order to be able to see the elevation colour coding.
Consideration given to establish distinct colour coding for:
- Single Buildings
- Chateaux
- Village/Town hexes
And the woods, orchards, village/town hexes have versions for where roadway/pathways run through them.
I am aware that none of this really takes much advantage of using the transparency layer on the files, but I want to get something workable first before experimenting with shadows, etc...
What I suspect I will find, is that there are distinct boundaries inherent with the files, meaning that when this portion of the file is reached, then that's it - the image will be cut off, and the remainder of it all will be shown elsewhere.
I expect to get the roads changed over, and tested, but not sure how much farther I will go all in one sitting.
---
I have been having a think about leader graphics, and I am not at all sure I like the look of the pike. For the Middle Ages, I might go for a sword. Might keep doing a sash look for some of the Musket and Pike. I'll have to do some research around the colours since it is shown by unit type in the OOB. That wasn't available to me when I initially tried this out (engine progression, you could call it).
Finally, before I close this off for today, I am not a fan of the tiny font -so that will get changed around in various places. Notably with Skirmishers, Routed, and Ships off the top of my head.
I am leaning to, hopefully, not actually needing lettering on the units, but rather accomplishing the same thing with colour combinations.
Anyways, that's all for tonight!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment